Wednesday 17 February 2016

Woeful Wednesday

Today I had to make my fortnightly visit to the job centre, not high on anyone's list of  'fun things to do', but Wednesdays are one of the days I can't get a bus directly from the village I live in making the already limited bus service even more inconvenient. It's about a mile and a half walk to the bus stop and that walk includes a rather large hill; throw in a cold wind and pouring rain and what is a pleasant stroll in summer months becomes a thoroughly unpleasant experience.

I ended up being out for hours, cold and wet from the outset, so I abandoned my plan to get off the bus early on the way home to pick up my prescription. By then I was chilled to the bone after spending hours in wet jeans and a 'waterproof' coat that can't cope with more than a shower or two. I know I'm going to regret it when I have to undertake the seven mile round trip to the doctors tomorrow but I just couldn't face walking any further than I absolutely had to today.

I have got my driving test booked for next month though... keep your fingers crossed for me and soon these soggy treks may be a thing of the past.

I've been home a few hours now and I still haven't really warmed up but I've swapped my coffee for hot chocolate and I'm snuggled up under a fleecy throw so I should defrost eventually. I just wish these awful old storage heaters worked better. they never really seem to do more than take the chill off. I think I'll find something quick and easy to do for dinner, I don't want to be standing in the kitchen for too long tonight. I think I still have a portion of hotpot in the freezer, maybe even a cottage pie. It's days like today I'm glad I always freeze any leftovers, it means I can enjoy a home cooked meal without any of the effort.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really grim! Everything crossed for your driving test - life will become so much easier - and the freedom.....!!

    ReplyDelete