Wednesday 24 February 2016

A Bit of Mid-Week Luxury

Isn't it great when you find something hidden away in the freezer that you've forgotten all about?
That's what happened to me today. Having ordered my supermarket on-line shop I decided to reorganize my freezer to make room for both the frozen goods I've ordered and the batch cooking I plan to do at the weekend. To my surprise and delight, lurking at the back of the middle shelf, behind a tub of homemade soup were two salmon steaks!

I remember buying them some time ago when they were on half price offer, and as they were all individually wrapped I threw away the large bag they were in when I was making room before Christmas. Without that big, unnecessary bag however, they went unnoticed. Until today.

I've cut a potato into wedges, wrapped one of the salmon steaks in foil and popped in the oven. I'll serve with peas, or maybe a bit of salad. And a glass of homemade wine; well why not? Every girl deserves a little luxury sometimes and it's even nicer when it's unexpected.

No comments:

Post a Comment