Sunday 20 March 2016

Feeling Pleased With Myself

I had a driving lesson today and I've finally nailed reversing around a corner! That's always been my nemesis. I failed my first driving test many, many years ago by completely screwing up the reversing and it's scared me ever since. 

Learning to drive was pretty low on my list of priorities for a long time; my husband drove so there was no sense of urgency, especially while we were living in London and had excellent public transport on the doorstep. Now I'm kicking myself for not having done it years ago. Hopefully I'll be on the road very soon and I can say goodbye to waiting at bus stops. 

I'm shattered today after a four hour lesson but it was so worth it. It's certainly given me some much needed confidence having mastered that hated reversing around a corner. I can't believe I struggled so much before, once the penny dropped and I got the knack I couldn't believe how simple it was. 

2 comments: